Tournament Rules 2012
1. The NationalHigh School Baseball Alliance will be used.
2. Time Limit: There is a two (2) hour and 15 minute time limit for all games. This is not a drop dead time limit, just no new inning will start after 2:15.
The exception to the rule is the championship game on Wednesday night. It is not fair to other teams that play during the day to allow the last night game play beyond the time.
3. Championship Game Participants: The teams with the best records over the first four games will play in the championship game on Wednesday night at 7:30 pm. If there are more than two teams that have qualified to play, the following tiebreakers will be used:
a. The two teams that have given up the fewest number of runs in their first four games will play;
b. If there is still a tie between two or more schools and the teams have played in the tournament, the winner between the two schools will advance.
c. If a tie still exists, we will look at the cumulative record of the teams that each school has played. For example, if one team has played schools with an overall record of 12-4 and the other school has played a schedule with an overall record of 9-7, the 12-4 school will advance.
d. If a tie still exists, the total number of runs scored minus the total number of runs given up.
e. If a tie still exists, Call Rod, I surrender!!!! (total bases will be added up)
Total bases will be 1 base for a single, 2 bases for a double, 3 for a triple and four for a home run. Walks and errors will count as one also – fielder’s choices are not bases.
4. The home team is designated in game assignments. Each team will get at least two home games. The home team is in the third base dugout.
5. In the championship game, the team that has given up the fewest number of runs is the home team. If that is tied, see above.
6. Batting Practice – Not allowed per CIF rules.
7. Pre-game Infield – Please limit this to ten (10) minutes. Please be aware of the city workers and do not play catch near them when they are working on the fields. Please warm up as far away from them as possible. Thank you.
8. Official Scorebook: the home book is the official book. It would be great if both books sat near each other, but that is not always possible. Please check total bases before leaving the game, just in case of use in a tiebreaker.
9. There are no speed up rules.
*If you have a 3-0 record going into Tuesday, please plan on playing at 3 pm or later on Wednesday. The only exception will be teams who are from out of town and are traveling home that day. They may play earlier if it can be arranged. Please be flexible. Thank you.